Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Kobuk's Domain" A Contemporary Grizzly Bear Painting By Colorado Artist Jennifer Morrison Godshalk


Kobuk

My husband John captured this photo of Kobuk at his wildlife domain in Montana.  I was so excited to paint this image as the lighting on this grizzly is truly incredible!
Kobuk is a playful, mischievous grizzly who proceeded to play and disassemble the trees in his domain.  

Here is the painting:

Kobuk's Domain

This painting is truly amazing in person.  The paints used here are oil, and I applied the paint with a palette knife.  I will take this painting to my art reception in Telluride August 1st, and if the painting does not sell that weekend, I will be happy to bring it back home and hang it on my wall.  It is hard to part with paintings like this, as to paint an exact duplication of an original, it is nearly impossible to capture the same free spirit of the painting without forced strokes of the paint which hinder and oppress the image.

A Special Treat - Click On The Link Below To See My Son Receive A Special Gift For His Birthday :)

Birthday Surprise Video Click HERE

ENJOY!

Jennifer Morrison Godshalk
Morrison Studios
A Colorado Contemporary Fine Artist


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.